Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome to my blog

As an aspiring writer it has become clear that I need a blog. I need to enter the social media world we all now live in. So here I go. Just a quick warning : this is a new adventure for me so I make no promises to be entertaining or even thought provoking.

My first thought as I enter into this new adventure is why would anyone want to hear the random musings of my slightly twisted mind? Possibly there are some slightly twisted minds that can relate or it could just be a huge waste of time. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

I woke up today to a beautiful scene, it was snowing. The clean crisp white snow falling gracefully from the sky and attaching itself to whatever it comes in contact with. It is beautiful. I had to run some errands so I was driving and have some difficulty keeping my eyes on the road. The contrast between the white snow and the dark bark of the trees was enchanting. It was like living in a Thomas Kinkade painting.

When the car in front of me skidded a bit on the wet pavement I realized that beneath this enchanting scene lies a treacherous reality. I am warm and dry in my car so I am able to view the scene with wonder and appreciation, but what if I wasn’t in my car? What if I was homeless? Then my view would not be so enchanting. This side of heaven there will never be pure beauty, this earthly beauty must always be accompanied by stark reality.


Today I choose to live in my make-believe world where beauty exists without reality. I have the ability to see only what I want to see, however ridiculous that sounds, sometimes it’s the only way we can face the future. So I will enjoy the wonder and beauty of the snow and choose to not look any deeper.

1 comment: